Washington, DC - Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman and the U.S. negotiating team will travel on March 2 to Montreux, Switzerland where they will join with Secretary of State John Kerry to meet with Iranian officials.
These bilateral consultations take place in the context of the P5+1 nuclear negotiations with Iran and thus include Deputy Secretary General for the EU's External Action Service Helga Schmid and her team. At the request of Secretary Kerry, Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz will travel to Montreux to join in the negotiations.
- The full U.S. delegation list for Montreux follows:
- The Honorable John Kerry, Secretary of State
- The Honorable Ernest Moniz, Secretary of Energy
- The Honorable Wendy Sherman, Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs
- Robert Malley, Senior Director for Iran, Iraq, and the Gulf States, National Security Council
- James Timbie, Senior Advisor to the Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security
- Paul Irwin, Director for Nonproliferation, National Security Council
- Christopher Backemeyer, Principal Deputy Coordinator for Sanctions Policy, Department of State
- Kevin Veal, Director of the Office of International Nuclear Safeguards, National Nuclear Security Administration, Department of Energy
- Felicia Swindells, Senior Sanctions Policy Advisor, Office of Foreign Assets Control, U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Newell Highsmith, Deputy Legal Advisor, Department of State
- Mark C. Appleton, Special Advisor to the Secretary, Department of Energy
- Julia Jacoby, Special Assistant to Under Secretary of State Sherman