San Diego, California - The 43nd annual KGB SkyShow will follow San Diego State’s 2018 home opener against Sacramento State on Saturday, September 8 at SDCCU Stadium. Kickoff for the Aztecs and Hornets is set for 5:30 p.m. PT.
The KGB SkyShow, the largest fireworks show in the area, annually attracts one of the largest crowds of the season, including last year when 46,132 fans showed up to watch SDSU beat UC Davis, 38-17.
Tickets to the KGB SkyShow will be available for Aztec fans and KGB listeners on June 11 at 9 a.m. PT via an internet presale (view level only) with special code “SSKGB.” Current San Diego State football season-ticket holders, meanwhile, can order additional single-game tickets at all levels on July 25 at 9 a.m. PT for the game through the Aztec Ticket Office in person at SDCCU Stadium, Window E, or by calling (619) 283-7378. Single-game tickets at all levels for the general public to the Sept. 8 clash and all remaining home games go on sale on Aug. 1 at 9 a.m. PT at all points of purchase.
Additional promotions will be announced in the coming weeks.
San Diego State finished 2017 with a 10-3 record, its school-record third consecutive season with at least 10 victories. The Aztecs are one of just seven schools in the nation to win at least 10 games in three straight seasons (also Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Wisconsin). SDSU is scheduled to return seven starters on offense and seven on defense, along with its kicker and punter.
San Diego State is accepting new account deposits on 2018 season tickets, while current season-ticket holders can also renew their tickets for the 2018 campaign. Fans can purchase tickets through GoAztecs.com, over the phone by calling (619) 283-7378, or by visiting SDCCU Stadium's Window E between 9 a.m. PT and 5 p.m. PT.
The Aztecs kick off their season at Stanford on Friday, Aug. 31 before the Sacramento State contest begins a three-game homestand for SDSU.
2018 San Diego State Football Schedule (as of June 11, 2018)
- Friday, Aug. 31 -- at Stanford -- 6 p.m. PT (FS1)
- Saturday, Sept. 8 -- Sacramento State -- 5:30 p.m. PT
- Saturday, Sept. 15 -- Arizona State -- 7:30 p.m. PT (CBS Sports Network)
- Saturday, Sept. 22 -- Eastern Michigan -- 7:30 p.m. PT (CBS Sports Network)
- Saturday, Sept. 29 -- OPEN DATE
- Saturday, Oct. 6 -- at Boise State * -- TBA (ESPN Networks)
- Friday, Oct. 12 -- Air Force * -- 6 p.m. PT (CBS Sports Network)
- Saturday, Oct. 20 -- San José State * -- 7:30 p.m. PT (CBS Sports Network)
- Saturday, Oct. 27 -- at Nevada * -- TBA (ESPN Networks)
- Saturday, Nov. 3 -- at New Mexico * -- TBA (ESPN Networks)
- Saturday, Nov. 10 – UNLV * -- TBA (ESPN Networks)
- Saturday, Nov. 17 -- at Fresno State * -- 7:30 p.m. PT (CBS Sports Network)
- Saturday, Nov. 24 -- Hawai’i * -- TBA (ESPN Networks)
- Saturday, Dec. 1 -- MW Championship Game (home of highest-ranked two divisional champions)
*Mountain West opponent, other times will be announced at a later date