Washington, DC - "I am steadfastly committed to ensuring our veterans and their families receive the care and support they deserve." ~ President Donald J. Trump
PROVIDING QUALITY HEALTHCARE FOR OUR VETERANS: President Donald J. Trump continues to work every day to improve healthcare and expand services for our Nation’s veterans.
- President Trump recently secured a record $73.1 billion in funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to ensure our veterans receive the medical care they have earned.
- This legislation signed by the President included $8.6 billion for mental health services, $400 million for opioid abuse prevention, and much more.
- Earlier this year, the President signed the VA MISSION Act, revolutionizing the VA healthcare system and raising the standard of service for our veterans.
- The VA MISSION Act consolidates and reforms existing programs to give eligible veterans access to care right in their own communities.
- Eligible veterans will also have access to walk-in community clinics that offer immediate, local care.
- In January, the President ordered the Secretaries of Defense, Homeland Security, and VA to improve access to mental health treatment and suicide prevention resources for veterans.
- President Trump has expanded access to telehealth services for veterans, including through the “Anywhere to Anywhere VA Health Care Initiative.”
BRINGING ACCOUNTABILITY TO THE VA: The Trump Administration is strengthening accountability and transparency at the VA.
- President Trump has signed the VA Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act, making it easier to discipline bad actors at the VA, including senior executives.
- The Act strengthened protections for individuals who come forward and identify problems occurring within the VA.
- VA employees are being held accountable for poor performance, with more than 4,300 VA employees removed, demoted, and suspended.
- The President Trump kept his promise to create a 24/7 White House VA Hotline.
- The VA has increased transparency and accountability by launching an online “Access and Quality Tool,” providing veterans with access to wait time and quality care data.
- The President signed the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act, overhauling the VA’s complicated appeals system and offering veterans faster appeals decisions.
- This legislation helped put the VA on track to deliver a record number of decisions to veterans by the end of fiscal year 2018.
SUPPORTING AMERICA’S FINEST: President Trump is committed to supporting America’s veterans by improving access to education benefits, housing, and employment.
- Last year, the President signed the “Forever GI Bill,” which provided enhanced education benefits to veterans, service members, and their family members.
- This legislation lifted a 15-year limit on veterans’ access to educational benefits to ensure all veterans receive the benefits they have rightly earned.
- Programs at the VA and the Department of Housing and Urban Development helped nearly 54,000 veterans find permanent housing and get access to supportive services last year.
- Thanks to the booming economy, veterans’ unemployment remains near a two-decade low.