Washington, DC - "Moving forward as partners, we will achieve great prosperity and success for the American people and for the Vietnamese people." ~ President Donald J. Trump
BIG-TICKET PURCHASES: President Donald J. Trump is pleased that Vietnamese airlines have agreed to purchase new planes, engines, and services from American companies.
- President Donald J. Trump, alongside President Trong of Vietnam, participated in the signing of commercial trade deals between leading Vietnamese airlines and American companies.
- These agreements reflect the deep economic partnership enjoyed by the United States and Vietnam.
- These agreements are worth over $21 billion and include the following:
- VietJet will buy 100 American-made Boeing 737-MAX jets and 215 General Electric-developed LEAP engines.
- Bamboo Airways will purchase 10 Boeing 787-9 aircraft.
- Vietnam Airlines pledges to acquire a minimum of $50 million in reservation systems and other services from Sabre Corporation.
- These purchases will support more than 83,000 American jobs and improve safety and reliability for Vietnamese and international travelers.
STRENGTHENING TIES: President Trump is committed to deepening economic ties and advancing the partnership between the United States and Vietnam.
- These deals are a reflection of the work President Trump has undertaken to strengthen the partnership between the United States and Vietnam.
- In May 2017, President Trump and Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc pledged to enhance the comprehensive partnership between the United States and Vietnam.
- Among other commitments, both sides pledged to promote and grow mutually beneficial economic ties between their two countries.
- In November 2017, during President Trump’s first historic visit, Vietnamese companies announced agreements to purchase $12 billion in American goods and services.
- Vietnam also committed to eliminate trade barriers on United States agricultural exports, opening up new markets for American farmers.
EXPANDING ACCESS: President Trump is expanding markets for American goods and services abroad.
- President Trump is taking bold actions to enforce free, fair, and reciprocal trade for the United States and to negotiate better deals for the American people.
- The President negotiated the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement to improve market access for American firms and promote fair trade.
- Thanks to the improved United States-Korea Free Trade Agreement, South Korea is significantly increasing access to its markets for United States auto exports.
- President Trump is launching new trade negotiations with the European Union, United Kingdom, and Japan, working toward eliminating tariff and non-tariff barriers to trade.
- President Trump’s leadership has opened opportunities for American agricultural goods in Argentina, Brazil, Japan, South Korea, and other countries.