Washington, DC - "We want to eliminate the intrusive rules that undermine your ability to earn a living, and we will protect the corn-based ethanol and biofuels that power our country." ~ President Donald J. Trump
EXPANDING WAIVERS FOR E15: The Trump Administration is initiating rulemaking to expand fuel waivers for E15, or gasoline containing 15 percent ethanol.
- President Donald J. Trump is directing the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to initiate a rulemaking to consider expanding Reid Vapor Pressure waivers for fuel blends containing gasoline and up to 15 percent ethanol.
- Under the proposed expansion, E15 would be allowed to be sold year round rather than just eight months of the year.
- President Trump continues to uphold his commitment to ethanol and the Renewable Fuel Standard program to give consumers more choice.
- The proposed expansion will strengthen America’s domestic energy production and provide a boost to America’s famers.
INCREASING TRANSPARENCY IN THE RIN MARKET: In the same rulemaking, the Trump Administration will increase transparency in the Renewable Identification Number (RIN) market.
- In the same rulemaking, President Trump is directing the EPA to consider reforms to increase transparency and prevent price manipulation in the RIN market.
- These potential reforms to be considered include:
- Prohibiting entities other than obligated parties from purchasing separated RINs.
- Requiring public disclosure when RIN holdings held by an individual actor exceed specified limits.
- Limiting the length of time a non-obligated party can hold RINs.
- Requiring the retirement of RINs for the purpose of compliance be made in real time.
- President Trump and his Administration held meetings with various stakeholders, including Members of Congress and State leaders, to hear a range of views while evaluating this decision.
- These proposals will go through the formal notice and public comment process.