Sacramento, California - The 2016 California Educator Excellence Summit will highlight the work of California’s local educational agencies (LEAs) as it relates to Greatness by Design: Supporting Outstanding Teaching to Sustain a Golden State. Our intention is to share promising practices with the larger California education community to support LEAs to make research-aligned decisions regarding how they will spend their share of the $490 million in Educator Excellence funds included in the 2015 State Budget to improve their local professional learning systems.
The Summit will be hosted by the California Department of Education (CDE) in partnership with key California educational stakeholders.
The conference is designed for educators who will participate in building and improving professional learning systems in local educational agencies. Key educators will include County Offices of Education, local educational agency administrators, teachers, local labor representatives, coaches, key parent and community members, professional learning providers, and higher education colleagues who help ensure that all children meet California’s rigorous academic requirements.
California Educator Excellence Summit
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Save the Date (PDF)
Registration will open soon! Please check back for more information and link to online registration platform on November 15, 2015.
California State University, Sacramento
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819
Request for Presenters
The Professional Learning Support Division of the CDE is now accepting proposals for the 2016 California Educator Excellence Summit. The CDE is seeking experienced and engaging presenters, and invites you to submit a formal proposal for review. Workshop topics should be relevant to the intent of the summit and align with the following conference strands: Recruiting and Distributing Excellent Educators to All Communities, Educator Preparation, Induction of Teachers and Leaders, Opportunities for Professional Learning, Educator Evaluation, and Leadership and Career Development.
The completed Presenter Proposal Form and Presenter Assurances must be received by 5:00 p.m. on December 4, 2015, at the CDE Headquarters. CDE Headquarters is located at 1430 N Street, Suite 4309, Sacramento, CA 95814.
- Incomplete and/or late proposals will not be reviewed.
- The Lead Presenter is responsible for completing and submitting the Presenter Proposal Form.
- All presenters are responsible for their own travel and lodging arrangements, reservations, cancellations, and expenses. Travel reimbursement per state travel regulations may be provided for presenters. More information on state travel regulations can be found on the California Department of Human Resources Travel Reimbursements Webpage .
- Workshops will be 75 minutes in length.
- Presenters are responsible for bringing handouts for at least 50 participants per workshop.
- Submission of the workshop proposal acknowledges that, once accepted, it will be included in various official conference publications, including the 2016 CEES Web page, conference registration system, and conference program guide.
- 2016 CEES organizers reserve the right to edit workshop titles and descriptions as necessary for conference publications and list workshops in different and/or multiple strands.
- Selected presenters will be notified by Friday, December 18, 2015.
Request for Presenters Forms
Interested applicants must review and complete the following Presenter Proposal Form and Presenter Assurances for the 2016 California Educator Excellence Summit. To be considered completed forms must be received by 5:00 p.m. on December 4, 2015, at the CDE Headquarters. CDE Headquarters is located at 1430 N Street, Suite 4309, Sacramento, CA 95814.