Imperial Valley News
- Created on Sunday, 09 March 2014 19:30
- Written by State Department
Washington, DC - The United States is deeply concerned by reports that a vessel sailing under the name Morning Glory is loading a cargo of illicitly obtained oil at the Libyan port of As-Sidra.
- Created on Sunday, 09 March 2014 15:12
- Written by Ray Villard and UCLA Newsroom
Los Angeles, California - Astronomers have witnessed for the first time the breakup of an asteroid into as many as 10 smaller pieces. The discovery is published online March 6th in Astrophysical Journal Letters.
Concerns over college costs, financial aid hit all-time high as factors in students' choice of school
- Created on Sunday, 09 March 2014 15:06
- Written by Kathy Wyer
Los Angeles, California - Financial considerations are exerting an ever-greater influence on incoming freshman in the U.S., with college costs and financial aid playing an increasingly decisive role in their school-selection process, according to the CIRP Freshman Survey, UCLA's annual survey of the nation's entering students at four-year colleges and universities.
- Created on Sunday, 09 March 2014 15:01
- Written by Matthew Chin
Los Angeles, California - Have you ever wondered why your laptop or smartphone feels warm when you're using it? That heat is a byproduct of the microprocessors in your device using electric current to power computer processing functions - and it is actually wasted energy.
- Created on Sunday, 09 March 2014 14:50
- Written by IVN
Los Angeles, California - With cutting-edge technology, sometimes the first step scientists face is just making sure it actually works as intended.
- Created on Sunday, 09 March 2014 14:46
- Written by USC
Los Angeles, California - That chicken wing you’re eating could be as deadly as a cigarette. In a new study that tracked a large sample of adults for nearly two decades, researchers have found that eating a diet rich in animal proteins during middle age makes you four times more likely to die of cancer than someone with a low-protein diet - a mortality risk factor comparable to smoking.
- Created on Sunday, 09 March 2014 13:44
- Written by Vinamy
Seattle, Washington - Coffee Shop Secrets is the latest business program for those people who want to open and operate a profitable coffee shop. This program covers 80 individual steps people need to take to insure their coffee shop is successful.
- Created on Sunday, 09 March 2014 13:32
- Written by PRW
Seattle, Washington - Build A Container Home is a newly-updated guide that includes helpful ways to design and build a good container home. It was created by Warren Thatcher, a master builder and designer.
- Valley View Yosemite Trails, Currents, and Visions Exhibit
- New catalyst could lead to cleaner energy
- Social Physics
- US P-3 and USS Pinckney helicopter over Malaysian Airlines search site
- Seventh Anniversary of the Disappearance of Robert Levinson
- U.S. Concern About Escalation of Violence and Insecurity in Darfur
- 7th Fleet Sends USS Pinckney, P-3C to Assist in Malaysian Air Search
- Governor Brown Issues Statement on Death of Los Angeles Police Officer
- Time for Congress to Raise the Minimum Wage for the American People
- Throwing A ‘60s Dessert Party… Disney Style