Sacramento, California - Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. today announced that he has signed the following bills:
· AB 192 by Assemblymember Jose Medina (D-Riverside) – Migrant education: statewide parent advisory council: reports.
· AB 564 by the Committee on Agriculture – Food and agriculture: fruits, nuts, and vegetables: inspections.
· AB 652 by Assemblymember Heath Flora (R-Modesto) – Property taxation: base year value: new construction.
· AB 657 by Assemblymember Jordan Cunningham (R-San Luis Obispo) – State government: small business liaisons.
· AB 740 by Assemblymember Eloise Gómez Reyes (D-San Bernardino) – Oaths and affirmations.
· AB 768 by Assemblymember Cecilia Aguiar-Curry (D-Winters) – Certified farmers’ markets: enforcement: civil penalties.
· AB 949 by Assemblymember Mike A. Gipson (D-Carson) – School employees: contracts: sole proprietors: criminal background checks.
· AB 1044 by Assemblymember Bill Quirk (D-Hayward) – State voter information guide: vote by mail and provisional ballot verification.
· AB 1113 by Assemblymember Richard H. Bloom (D-Santa Monica) – State Transit Assistance Program.
· AB 1148 by Assemblymember Marc Steinorth (R-Rancho Cucamonga) – Commercial property: disclosures: disability access.
· AB 1154 by Assemblymember Adrin Nazarian (D-Sherman Oaks) – Official canvass: one-percent manual tally.
· AB 1339 by Assemblymember Jordan Cunningham (R-San Luis Obispo) – Public employment: background investigations.
· AB 1343 by Assemblymember Phillip Chen (R-Diamond Bar) – Water conservation: school districts: Go Low Flow Water Conservation Partnerships.
· AB 1502 by Assemblymember Tony Thurmond (D-Richmond) – Free or reduced-price school meals: direct certification.
· AB 1711 by the Committee on Veterans Affairs – State military reserve personnel: leave benefits.
· AB 1712 by the Committee on Natural Resources – Private burning of lands.
· AB 1731 by the Committee on Jobs, Economic Development, and the Economy – Apprenticeships: training funds: audits.
· SB 103 by the Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – Transportation.
· SB 106 by the Committee on Budget and Fiscal Review – State Government.
· SB 164 by Senator Mike McGuire (D-Healdsburg) – Public postsecondary education: priority registration for Tribal TANF recipients.
· SB 204 by Senator Bill Dodd (D-Napa) – Domestic violence: protective orders.
· SB 621 by Senator Steven Bradford (D-Gardena) – Overtime compensation: private school teachers.
· SB 680 by Senator Bob Wieckowski (D-Fremont) – San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District.
· SB 756 by Senator Henry Stern (D-Agoura Hills) – Restitution: noneconomic losses: child sexual abuse.
The Governor also announced that he has vetoed the following bills:
· AB 639 by Assemblymember Jay P. Obernolte (R-Big Bear Lake) – Department of General Services: contracts: electronic submission.
· SB 246 by Senator Patricia C. Bates (R-Laguna Niguel) – Property tax: base year value transfers.
· SB 506 by Senator Jim W. Nielsen (R-Gerber) – Department of Fish and Wildlife: lake or streambed alteration agreements: Internet Web site.